A slice of pizza is a perfect way to end the weekend. Here’s how to make your own Naija pizza from the comfort of your phone😍😍😍
Pizza consists of the dough and the topping or sauce.
Making the Dough
You’ll need 4 cups of flour,3 tablespoon yeast, salt, sugar and butter (optional).
1. Mix some warm water with yeast, salt and sugar.
2. Put flour in a bowl and add a mixture of yeast, sugar and salt.
3. Add water little by little as you knead the dough
4. When you are done kneading, cover the clig firm and keep in a warm place (or cover it with a thick blanket) to double in size. (For about 45 minutes to an hour).
Pizza Sauce / Topping Ingredients
Choose all or any of these; Chopped or sliced Tomatoes, Green Pepper, Spring Onions, Onions, Garlic (dried), Oil, Parsley, Thyme, salt, grounded pepper( black pepper).Mushrooms, Minced meat (Chicken, Ham or Beef), Cheese, Chopped Ripe Pineapple. Note that the Chicken, ham or beef should be seasoned and cooked. The broth may be used in mixing the toppings by frying the ingredients in the broth for a minute
1. Place a large pan over medium/low heat. A non-stick, cast iron, or regular oiled pan will work well.
2. On a floured surface roll out your pizza dough. Place the pizza dough in the pan and cover it with a lid.
3. Cook for 3-4 minutes on this side until your crust bubbles and rises up. (don’t brown too much here or by the end of cooking it will be too crispy).
4. Remove the lid and flip over the crust and continue cooking on the other side for another 2-3 minutes.
5. When browned slightly, flip back over and top with the pizza sauce. Make sure the meat is fully cooked before going on top of the pizza.
6. Now you can turn off the heat, place back on the lid and allow the cheese to melt, topping to heat up and for the crust to crisp in the residual heat. This takes roughly 5 minutes.
The results are crisp, bubbly base with loads of yummy toppings and gooey exra virgin olive oil on top. Last time I looked, that was the definition of a pizza Enjoy your Naija Pizza hot straight from the pan.